become a member
All students who have completed their 1L year may participate in the write-on competition. The write-on process is competitive by nature. Membership invitations for the academic school year will be extended to candidates with the best submissions.
WRITE-ON INFORMATION SESSION
The MHJPPP will be hosting an information session to discuss the requirements and benefits of joining the Journal!
Join the Board of Editors for an overview of the write-on process and for a Q&A.
When – April 28, 2023 at 6:00pm CST
Where – Click Here to Join by Zoom
- Deadline to request write-on materials: May 21, 2023
- Candidates receive write-on materials: May 22, 2023
- Write-on period: May 22, 2023 – June 19, 2023
- To receive materials, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below.
write-on process details
- Complete a Bluebook Citation Worksheet
- Submit a Lawyering memo, written redacted brief, or other writing sample
- Complete a short Public Policy and Practice written assignment (Writing Associates only)